What Is The EB-5 Program?
Many countries around the world have an “immigration and investment” program that allows foreign nationals to obtain that country’s residency by investing in their economy.
The united states immigration and investment program is known as EB-5 which stands for employment-based fifth preference.
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program was created by the Immigration Act of 1990 by the United States Congress. This program provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States. To qualify for the EB-5 Green Card, individuals must invest least $500,000 in a project located in “Targeted Employment Area” and create at least 10 jobs for U.S. workers.
WHAT IS A TARGETED EMPLOYMENT AREAR (T.E.A)
A Targeted Employment Area (TEA) is any city, county, census tract or other geographical area accepted by the USCIS that has an unemployment rate over 150% of the national average rate.
EB-5 is an Immigration based job creation & economic growth program
EB-5 was Created by the Immigration Act of 1990 and Administrated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
The Program makes 10,000 U.S. Green Cards available for immigrant investors every year.
WHAT ARE THE EB-5 REQUIRMENTS?
The investor may either invest directly into his/her business (Direct Investment) or into an EB-5 regional center project (Regional Center). While both direct and regional center investments have different requirements, they must fulfill the following EB-5 program basic requirements:
- Investment capital must be $1,000,000 or $500,000 in targeted employment areas (T.E.A)
- The investment must be made into a new commercial enterprise
- Providing proof for that the funds come from a lawful source;
- The investment must be “at risks” and no guarantee of the return of capital investment can be made;
- The investment must create at least ten (10) full-time jobs who are either U.S. citizens, permanent residents or other qualified immigrants.
- The investment must be sustained throughout the conditional residency period.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR INVESTORS?
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is the most flexible in the world. It sets no requirements for age, business training, and experience, or language skills.
- Direct Route to a U.S. Green Card for Investor and Family.
- Freedom to Live, work, Study and Retire Anywhere in the United States
- Attend Any University at U.S. Resident’s Costs Vs. International Student Rate
- Direct Route to U.S. Citizenship
WHAT ARE REGIONAL CENTERS
A Private or Public company Pre-Approved by USCIS Administrator. Sponsor of EB-5 investment and Can lower the minimum investment to $500,000 from $1,000,000 for TEA’s and it is qualified to use Indirect Job creation methods
We Can Help
At Atom Law Group, our attorneys will work with you to determine whether a prospective or current investment will qualify for immigration benefits and will represent you in obtaining the initial (conditional) resident status and in having the conditional status removed after two years. Our lawyers are uniquely qualified to approach the EB-5 investor visa from both an immigration and business standpoint. Unlike typical immigration benefits tied to a family member or employment, investor visas are tied to the ultimate success of the investment and thus doing proper due diligence is critical.Immigration Consultation